[antlr-interest] Re: Seperating Grammar and Actions..

mzukowski at yci.com mzukowski at yci.com
Tue Jan 14 08:10:05 PST 2003

CIL's approach is not for translation so much as for a certain set of
transformations, particularly those transformations which would not ever be
propagated back into the original source code.  Their application CCured,
which does pointer analysis and boxing, is the type of thing that it's good
at.

You're right, there is a whole class of translation problems that would not
be amenable to that approach.

Monty