[antlr-interest] It's Official: The busiest month in ANTLRSphere

Terence Parr parrt at jguru.com
Thu Jan 30 10:08:11 PST 2003

On Thursday, January 30, 2003, at 07:24 AM, micheal_jor
<open.zone at virgin.net> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Judging from the stats about the monthly volume of messages on this
> list, this month has become the busiest since the list began -
> Whoopee!!

Yeah!!!

> I put it down to the fact that Santa Parr and some very smart elves
> promised and delivered a whole host of goodies before the New
> Year....well...erm....the Chinese New Year at least  ;-)

You're one of the elves! ;)

> With an upcoming website overhaul, a 3.0 version to look forward to
> (and maybe 2.x interim releases on the way) and, an ongoing effort to
> improve on the already substantial documentation and tutorials, who's
> to say next month won't be even busier?

Yep, everybody that is interested should follow along with the USF
course...we're on day 2. :)

The first project is a great one for beginners so they can see very
easily how scanners, parsers, and tree parsers should be built (and you
only have to write about 150 lines of code!).

http://www.cs.usfca.edu/~parrt/course/652/projects-Spring-2003/xml-
byhand.html

> A big "Thank you!" to all the helpful veterans whose answers and
> pointers make this list a real resource. And "Welcome!" to the new
> faces. Good luck too, you are tommorrow's veterans ;-)

Yeah!

Ter
--
Co-founder, http://www.jguru.com
Lecturer in Comp. Sci., University of San Francisco