[antlr-interest] the new site

Terence Parr parrt at cs.usfca.edu
Fri Jul 4 10:04:41 PDT 2003

Thanks for the feedback everyone!  Glad you like it.  I paid an
excellent designer out of my pocket to do the look-n-feel.

I like the main page / secondary page split.  A little weird that the
left navigation bar is only on the secondary pages, but I wanted the
main page to be a "summary" page of each of the various categories.

The concept for the site is that there are 2 types of folks: (1) new
users asking what, why, how much, who uses it and (2) current users
asking about doc, grammars, tools, news etc...  I split this up and
hopefully it is the right approach.

Feel free to add more stuff folks as the data and site is real, just at
a different port (8080) as you can see.

I'll be playing with this all weekend and hopefully launch on Monday.

As for people posting bad stuff etc... well, I'll worry about that if
it becomes an issue. :)

I'll be happy to receive more feedback or suggestions :)

Oh, I'll be doing an email snooper gateway thing so that the
antlr-interest list (this list) will be mirrored on the site. :)  I'll
have it integrated into the search engine too.  (I'll be using Lucene
for seaching if anybody wants to know).

Best regards,
Terence
Co-founder, http://www.jguru.com