[antlr-interest] Re: Managed to compile under .Net !!

micheal_jor open.zone at virgin.net
Sat Jul 5 13:47:42 PDT 2003

> I can understand why you would not want this restriction. Actually
> it is not a .NET exe that is important; a native exe would do. From
> the perspective of people who only wish to use Antlr, and not build
> it, the JVM dependency is a hefty bit of luggage with its own
> versioning issues.

You are absolutely correct about the usefulness of native binaries
for the ANTLR tool itself.

> That is all I meant. Many .NET developers don't
> use the JVM at all anymore, except for things like Antlr.

;-)

I actually agree with you on this. Unfortunately, J# is the only
option available to me currently. GCJ doesn't do Windows executables
AFAICT and I don't have TowerJ, JOVE or other similar Java-NativeCode
compilers that do support recent versions of the Java2 platform.

Perhaps someone on the list does?

Micheal