[antlr-interest] Re: didn't manage to compile under gcj

paul taney paultaney at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 8 09:18:37 PDT 2003

--- lgcraymer <lgc at mail1.jpl.nasa.gov> wrote:
> Paul--
>
> Inquiring minds want to know--what's the latest?
> Can ANTLR be made
> to work with GCJ?

Thanks for asking.  I dropped it right there because
I'm no java expert.  Dunno what to do with these
errors. (And with jikes, I'm quite satisfied with
the speed of antlr/java)

Why don't you coach me a little off the list, Loring?
Dont think people need to see the gory bits, much :-)

I'll be a little slow getting back to you right now,
but I'd be into trying this.

If someone else wants to try it also, that would be
great.  Here's my classpath.  YMMV.

echo $CLASSPATHGNU
/usr/local/gcc/gcc-3.3/libjava:\
/usr/local/gcc/gcc-3.3/build/i686\-pc-linux-gnu/libjava:\
/usr/local/java/j2sdk1.4.2<snip>

One doesn't cast while instantiating, so we have
to make other objects just to cast them...  Or what?

----
JavaCodeGenerator.java:77: Incompatible type for `='.
Can't convert `antlr.JavaCharFormatter' to
`antlr.CharFormatter'.
        charFormatter = new JavaCharFormatter();
----
CppCodeGenerator.java:97: Incompatible type for `='.
Can't convert `antlr.CppCharFormatter' to
`antlr.CharFormatter'.
		charFormatter = new CppCharFormatter();
----
DiagnosticCodeGenerator.java:33: Incompatible type for
`='. Can't convert `antlr.JavaCharFormatter' to
`antlr.CharFormatter'.
        charFormatter = new JavaCharFormatter();
----
DocBookCodeGenerator.java:40: Incompatible type for
`='. Can't convert `antlr.JavaCharFormatter' to
`antlr.CharFormatter'.
        charFormatter = new JavaCharFormatter();
----
HTMLCodeGenerator.java:37: Incompatible type for `='.