[antlr-interest] Re: Summary of ANTLR Issues

Jason Osgood mrosgood at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 10 08:52:35 PDT 2003

Hi Terence Parr-

You wrote:

> Yep, next round I'll yield to XML world and make my
> AST compatible with theirs.

Please don't feel you have to do this on my account.

At the rate XML and its APIs are "innovating" -- DOM -> JDOM -> XOM ->
something RelaxNG inspired -> etc. -- I expect that the drunken
sailor's strategy of rediscovery will eventually hit upon s-lists in
about a decade or so.  Which would make the whole exercise look pretty
silly, no?

For some reason I'm reminded of "Calvin & Hobbes", where Calvin runs
around in circles and then collapses in exhaustion.  Whew!

Cheers, Jason Osgood