[antlr-interest] GCJ

Pete Forman pete.forman at westerngeco.com
Fri Jul 11 04:27:24 PDT 2003

A colleague has taken an expression parser that I've written using
ANTLR and compiled it using GCJ.  He reports that it now runs 30
times faster.

Two notes are

1) The regular javac was used to compile from .java to .class.  GCJ
    was invoked on the .class files, both of my code and the ANTLR
    library.

2) GCJ currently supports JDK 1.2.  We needed to replace some features
    that were new in JDK 1.4 with other code.

--
Pete Forman                -./\.-  Disclaimer: This post is originated
WesternGeco                  -./\.-   by myself and does not represent