[antlr-interest] Re: NEWBIE: Parsing log files

antlrlist antlrlist at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 16 17:37:14 PDT 2003

If DASH is only used at the beginig of a message, then the easiest way
I can think about is using your DASH to recognize the begining of
"message"; I mean having a rule like this on the lexer:

// a MESSAGE is a DASH followed by 0 or more 'non \n' chars and a '\n'
// at the end
MESSAGE : DASH (~'\n')* '\n';

and then in your parser:

record : date time priority MESSAGE
       ;

If the las log does not end with '\n', you'll have to add EOF:

MESSAGE : DASH (~('\n'|EOF))* ('\n'|EOF) ;

Does this help?

Cheers,

Enrique

--- In antlr-interest at yahoogroups.com, "cunctator69" <agarrett at a...>