[antlr-interest] ANTLR 3 License

Matt Benson gudnabrsam at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 18 07:44:12 PDT 2003

Okay, just because the conversation got interesting, I
took it upon myself to read section six and some of
the text immediately preceding that section.  Meaning
no disrespect, it seems to me that (assuming he was
correctly quoted in the POI development forum) Dave
Turner's responses there and below are contradictory.
My interpretation of the answer

"DT:  This sort of linking falls under section 6 of
the LGPL."

is:  "Java code that depends on LGPL Java classes via
import statements and/or fully-qualified class names
must fulfill the terms of section 6 of the LGPL to
remain in compliance."

  This is in direct opposition to Braden's
interpretation, which has received DT's blessings this
week.

  If indeed these disputes are usually settled
amicably, I guess all anyone can do is do the best he
can to the best of his knowledge and/or ability, and
cooperate cheerfully to ameliorate any abuses of which
he may find himself guilty.

!

<http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.jakarta.poi.devel/5900>