[antlr-interest] upper, lower case for tokens, rule names

Rodrigo B. de Oliveira rodrigobamboo at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 18 10:47:16 PDT 2003

From: "Terence Parr" <parrt at cs.usfca.edu>
> Does anyone have an opinion on the whole "rule names start with lower
> case letter" and tokens start with upper case concept borrowed from
> yacc in the old days?

I don't like it since rule names become method names and then the class
might end up with a lot of public methods that don't necessarily fit the
particular coding convention one might be using. I know that's the case for
my parser.

This particular issue could be solved in a different way, perhaps?

> Just a thought that occurred to me that we might do away with this
> "old" notion for a future version of the tool.

I say "go for it!" :-) Terence