[antlr-interest] upper, lower case for tokens, rule names

Terence Parr parrt at cs.usfca.edu
Fri Jul 18 11:10:55 PDT 2003

On Friday, July 18, 2003, at 10:40 AM, mzukowski at yci.com wrote:

> It is nice to be able to distinguish tokens from rule names visually,
> mainly
> because tree operators function differently on tokens vs rules.  As
> long as
> a syntax highlighter could figure it out pretty easily then it's ok
> with me.

True.  Also, some people I know use a special char to indicate instance
variable etc...  perhaps some people would choose a special char or
other pattern for token names like tkIdentifier, tkDecl, etc...  or
rProgram, rExpr, rAtom.

Terence
Co-founder, http://www.jguru.com
Co-founder, http://www.knowspam.net enjoy email again!