[antlr-interest] problem with classpath under winxp

Ric Klaren klaren at cs.utwente.nl
Wed Jul 30 07:20:09 PDT 2003

On Wed, Jul 30, 2003 at 12:59:24PM -0000, Patrik Suzzi wrote:
> (I work under Windows XP machine)

This might be of help:

http://ccp14.minerals.csiro.au/ccp/web-mirrors/farrugia/~louis/software/faq/q1.html

> 1) When I set the environment variable as follows:
>
> 	CLASSPATH=c:\antlr-2.7.2\antlr.jar
>
> I'm able to run antlr generator, but I can't run any Java program.
> For example the simple program that print hello world fail, with
>
> -> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Test

Could try using

CLASSPATH=c:\antlr-2.7.2\antlr.jar;.

Not sure if that will help.

> 3) Ok ! i've generated antlr's output files, now I will compile ..
> but when compile javac needs either java CLASSPATH variable,
> either antlr CLASSPATH variable.

Looks like you need something more fancy:

CLASSPATH=%CLASSPATH%;c:\antlr-2.7.2\antlr.jar

(I hope I remembered this ok from the old dos days)

Ric
    ---- Ric Klaren ----- j.klaren at utwente.nl ----- +31 53 4893722  ----