[antlr-interest] Eclipse Plugin - Problem

Thomas Jackson III thomas.jackson at microfocus.com
Thu Jun 5 08:07:53 PDT 2003

Hi all,

I am using the Eclipse plugin(version 1.0.3) for Antlr development and have
run across an anomaly that someone hopefully has an answer to.

I have the following tokens declared in the Lexer

NOT : '¬';
NG  : "¬>";
NL  : "¬<";
NE  : "¬=";

When I compile the grammar in Eclipse it returns the following errors.

Token stream error reading grammar(s):	jcl.g
unexpected char: '''

Now, if I go to a command prompt and run the exact same Grammar using
antlr.jar(version 2.7.2) from the Antlr download, I get no errors.

It has to do with the ¬ character, but why would it generate code in one and
fail in the other?

Any suggestions as to what may be causing this?

Thanks
Thomas Jackson