[antlr-interest] ANNOUNCE: new development snapshot

Ric Klaren klaren at cs.utwente.nl
Fri Jun 13 06:01:03 PDT 2003

Hi,

On Fri, Jun 13, 2003 at 02:47:58PM +0200, Jorge Scandaliaris wrote:
> I will try to give you as much info as I can. Basically I just created a
> static library project, added the files, added path to include files,
> disabled precompiled headers, enabled RTTI and hit build. By default
> MSVC builds debug single threaded libraries, so that's what I am doing.
> I compared the dev. version against the 2.7.2 release, and I see a bunch
> of template declarations inside include directives (that are specific to
> msvc). Many problems come from here (Maybe my setup is wrong, but I
> think this is how I got the library going last time).
> When I saw your post I thought the reason could be I had not defined
> (_MSC_VER), but I did and nothing changes.
> If in need I can send the workspace files, I guess every option is in
> there.
> I vace no ANTLR_IMPORTS nor ANTLR_EXPORTS defined, also I removed the
> dll.cpp.

Okay this all sounds like 'The Right Way'(tm). These template directives
are then MSVC7 centric. I already thought they was a bit funny as I got the
patch for them, since I tried those standard compliant template
instantiations in the time I still had easy access to MSVC6. So they
probably need to be out #ifdef'ed for MSVC6. I have no idea what arcane
dealings are needed to do that. Probably your MSVC manual can help you
there. Let me know what it is and I add #ifdefs for the next snapshot. In
the past MSVC6 worked for the static build so I at least want to get that
back to work.

Thanks for the feedback!

Ric

PS I have no easy access to MSVC6 so I cannot help/test very much
    ---- Ric Klaren ----- j.klaren at utwente.nl ----- +31 53 4893722  ----