[antlr-interest] Re: Installing ANTLR on a Compaq Non-Stop Server - Question

ortizjco99 junkmail_inbox at att.net
Tue Jun 24 14:26:20 PDT 2003

Thanks fro your reply Ric and others,
I compared the config.log file against another one that resulted from
a successful instalation on Windows using Cygwin and discovered that
some environment variables were not set (the C and C++ compilers
among them).

After setting the needed environment variables ./configure ran just
fine.

Then I ran the Makefile from the ANTLR's toplevel directory, and got
the following error message:

sg534961 at pind101: make
scripts/Rules.make:282: *** target pattern contains no `%'.  Stop.

I edited lines 282 and 283 of ../ANTLR-2.7.2/Makefile and removed the
colons.

I re-ran the Makefile and got the following error message this time:

=============================
Making antlr ...
=============================
gmake[1]: Entering directory `/home/sg534961/antlr-2.7.2/antlr'
java -cp /home/sg534961/antlr-2.7.2/antlrall.jar antlr.Tool   antlr.g
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: antlr/Tool
gmake[1]: *** [.antlr.g] Error 1
gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/home/sg534961/antlr-2.7.2/antlr'
gmake: *** [subdirs] Error 2

I noticed the problem is with using antlrall.jar; because I can
generate C++ code for the calc example with antlr.jar or just antlr-
2.7.2 in the classpath.

I don't know the implications of using antlr.jar intead of
antlrall.jar, nor am I sure I know where to change it.

Help, thanks,

Julio

----
----
>  Why don't we just invite them to dinner and massacre them all when
they're
>   drunk? You heard the man. There's seven hundred thousand of them.
Ah? ..