[antlr-interest] STLPort and EOF (from the TODO in $\lib\cpp)

ee_doright Jonathan.Sprinkle at vanderbilt.edu
Tue Mar 4 16:17:38 PST 2003

Hello all,

After several hours of sackcloth and ashes, I have realized that it
is an existing bug that ANTLR doesn't work with STLPort.  I really
want to abandon SGI's STL because it is such a pain in the butt, so I
was experimenting w/ STLPort, but have run into a problem with this
EOF thing:

(from the TODO in $\lib\cpp):
* On Thu, Sep 21, 2000 at 12:33:48AM -0700, John Lambert
<JohnL at jBASE.com> wrote:
  > 1) The literal EOF is not defined and causes the define of
EOF_CHAR  in
  > CharScanner.hpp to fail.

  ANTLR with STL Port. Changing the EOF define to
char_traits<char>::eof()
  breaks things for gcc-2.95.2. Fix this in next release portably.
  http://www.egroups.com/message/antlr-interest/2520

(end of snippet)

In the 2.7.0 and 2.7.1 release, there is a "Fix this in the next
release" which I am afraid will never happen.  Is there a fix I can
do on my end, or is there a mere configuration switch I need to do,
or are there any plans to ever fix this?  I am new to the STL world,
but I had heard that everyone uses STLPort...obviously, not, because
at least some of us use antlr.  ;)

Should i be worried that this post is 30 months old, and it is still
not fixed??

Jon Sprinkle