[antlr-interest] ANTLR crashing ...

Robert Colquhoun rjc at trump.net.au
Wed Mar 26 06:43:22 PST 2003

At 08:55 AM 26/03/2003 +0000, Anthony Youngman wrote:
>That said, I shall be buggering about with it again, as I tried to get 1.2
>for SuSE 7.2, and that's turned into a nightmare too. 8.2 is now on order.
>It's probably not too difficult to fix - I shall just mess about fixing
>the compile errors as they hit. Just wish I didn't have too. It needs
>somewhat more changes than just the ones you said...

If you can tolerate a 30mb or so download installing a third party java
development kit is relatively straightforward:

Linux Links:
     - Blackdown: http://www.blackdown.org/java-linux/mirrors.html
     - IBM: http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/java/jdk/index.html
     - Sun: http://java.sun.com/downloads/

For example to install blackdown distribution is just running a shell
script which unzips into /usr/j2sdk1.X.X depending on version, all you need
to do then is add the bin subdirectory to your path.  The currently
installed suse 1.1 can exist side by side on the same machine without
interference

Would recommend if possible you use 1.3 in preference to 1.2, quite a bit
better performance.

- Robert