[antlr-interest] C++: Exception on loading literals.

TheSamiM mikhail at augustmail.com
Wed May 14 08:11:53 PDT 2003

Help!

Using ANTLR 2.7.2.
Using Visual C++ 6.0 (no service packs as far as I can tell)

I built antlrd.dll; truck loads of warnings but no errors.

I generated the classes from my grammar. (Tried this with some of the
example grammers and am having the same issue...)

I run. I crash. The exception is a "memory at xxxxxx cannot be read".

This is happening on initLiterals(), on the first literal.
When CharScannerLiteralsLess::operator() is called, the second
parameter is an invalid pointer. (Which kinda makes sense because
there shouldn't be any other elements in the map, but why is
CharScanner (or is it the map?) bothering with a comparison for an
empty map?

Am I missing something?
Am I missing a service pack?
Should the map be initialized somehow? (How?)
Where does one get the service packs for VC anymore, all I can find
on MSDN is .net foo wich won't help much...

Any pointers (no pun intended) would be greatly appreciated.