[antlr-interest] Re: How to set text in a tree node?

Ric Klaren klaren at cs.utwente.nl
Tue Nov 4 06:32:14 PST 2003

On Tue, Nov 04, 2003 at 02:09:10PM -0000, bjsp123 wrote:
> I downloaded this version, but it doesn't work with my MSVC6 project
> (at least, not within the time I have).  Of course it's not
> impossible that this is an MSVC6-specific issue...

Ah ok VC6. Did not get to making a release with vc cleanups. If I recall
right it was a matter of removing all template class stuff guarded with

#if defined(_MSC_VER) && !defined(__ICL) // Microsoft Visual C++
#endif

After that it should work with a static build.

You still did not mention which version of antlr you are using.

> No go... it just doesn't expand #labels correctly when they're in the
> second parameter of a [] node-creation block.  I can work around that
> by just manually writing out the node-creation code in an action, but
> then my grammar would be C++ specific.

It already is ;) Everywhere where you use a x->getText() and the likes
you're being C++ specific. So its a bit of a moot point.

Cheers,

Ric
    ---- Ric Klaren ----- j.klaren at utwente.nl ----- +31 53 4893722  ----