[antlr-interest] Anyone tried this ANTLR-inspired CC?

Terence Parr parrt at cs.usfca.edu
Tue Nov 4 14:03:22 PST 2003

On Tuesday, November 4, 2003, at 01:26 PM, Oliver Zeigermann wrote:

> Had a quick look at it and found it interesting too. It takes up the
> idea that certain semantic actions should be executed while guessing.
>
> The code does not seem to be copied at all, but at most inspired by
> ANTLR. Terence, has this guy never contacted you?

Nope....it took me a while, but I found what I think is an email
address; no name.  I emailed him last night and quickly looked at the
source code.  I too verified that he had not just copied the source
except for some smaller files.

>  Maybe it could be
> interesting to share ideas or experience. I invited him to present his
> ideas here on the mailing list. Let's see if he does...

Great! :)  Let's see if he likes the LL-regular.  I wonder who he is.
The code showed a nontrivial understanding of the area.

Ter
Co-founder, http://www.jguru.com
Co-founder, http://www.knowspam.net enjoy email again!
Co-founder, http://www.peerscope.com pure link sharing