[antlr-interest] Re: Anyone tried this ANTLR-inspired CC?

lgcraymer lgc at mail1.jpl.nasa.gov
Tue Nov 4 17:09:35 PST 2003

While you're at it, check out port80.org--very cool, very spartan
animation.  Judging from what SourceForge reports, Chris Leung seems
to be fairly prolific.

I can't say that I like the LLK syntax (way too verbose for my
tastes among other things).  As Oliver comments, he seems to have
resurrected--or reinvented, more likely--the guarded predicates from
PCCTS.

After poking around, I have to say that the code looks more
ANTLR-influenced than ANTLR-derived--there is nothing that looks like
ANTLR 2 internals (except in concept), and he has avoided reproducing
the more eccentric design features of ANTLR 2 internals.  He's done
the traditional lex/flex substring stuff in the lexer (match, but
leave characters in place; store string start and end
pointers/offsets) in token objects; he also has the DFA in NextToken()
implemented for fixed character sequences, but not for keywords.

--Loring

--- In antlr-interest at yahoogroups.com, Terence Parr <parrt at c...>