[antlr-interest] Does anyone have a CPP grammar that has AST built into it?

wiggjd at lsbu.ac.uk wiggjd at lsbu.ac.uk
Tue Nov 11 07:15:13 PST 2003

With reference to Pandeyrajiv at yahoo.com question of Monday 10
November (in antlr-interest Digest Number 1486),

I assume you were referring to the C++ grammar supplied by me
from London South Bank University.

As far as I know there is no other C++ grammar available and I
regret that this grammar does not yet provide an AST. (Please
note that as it stands this particular version uses ANTLR
(Java) to generate C++ parsers written in C++ only).

I am still working on this grammar and do not have time (or
the need) to generate an AST. However, I don't think this too
difficult and if you decide to try to do this I would be
pleased to hear about it so I could update my version
appropriately.

On the other hand Dmitry Poplavsky (dima at thekompany.com) has
expressed an interest in the grammar and asked about an AST.
Perhaps he may be persuaded to do this for us.

I believe there are examples of grammars with ASTs in the
examples directory.

David.