[antlr-interest] C# and antlr

Sam Beskur sjbeskur at sbcglobal.net
Wed Nov 12 18:28:29 PST 2003

Please Help.
To build the the antlr.jar with support for csharp actions, I had to
edit the file antlr/build/ANTLR.java and add the string
"antlr/actions/csharp" to the srcdir array variable.  I found no
documentation on this anywhere and only after going line by line
through the antlr code did I figure this out (and it took hours for this
slow programmer).

Once I did this, I was able to rebuild the antlr.jar using
the commands:

java antlr.build.Tool build
then
java antlr.build.Tool jar

as stated in the Antlr Documentation, and all seems to be fine.

I am wondering if I just completely missed something.  Or is this as
difficult as it seems.  Why are the C# actions not supported by
default?  Why do I have to build them?

Did I even approach this correctly??  As I say all seems to be working
fine now, but, something just doesn't feel right.

Please explain.