[antlr-interest] spam

Anthony W Youngman Anthony.Youngman at ECA-International.com
Fri Nov 14 06:50:43 PST 2003

Maybe you should take the mailing list "in house". Then you could
indulge in a variety of tricks, like running spamassassin on the host
server, or asking people to move text from the body to the subject of
the subscribe-accept email or whatever.

But you probably don't want the hassle - maybe you could get one of your
students to do it as an assignment for another lecturer?

Cheers,
Wol

-----Original Message-----
From: Terence Parr [mailto:parrt at cs.usfca.edu]
Sent: 12 November 2003 18:43
To: antlr-interest at yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [antlr-interest] spam

I try to delete these people, but they reappear as another email
address...perhaps I should make it so I have to verify all new users?
Not sure that would even help... :(

Ter
On Tuesday, November 11, 2003, at 07:49 PM, Tom Zagotta wrote:

> Dear Group,
>
> Please take a few minutes and write an e-mail to Yahoo, asking them to
> install software that would automatically block content like this
> posting.
>
> Here is a good place to start:
>
> http://add.yahoo.com/fast/help/us/groups/cgi_abuse
>
> Thanks,
>
> - Tom
>

> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
> http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Co-founder, http://www.jguru.com
Co-founder, http://www.knowspam.net enjoy email again!
Co-founder, http://www.peerscope.com pure link sharing

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to

This transmission is intended for the named recipient only. It may contain private and confidential information. If this has come to you in error you must not act on anything disclosed in it, nor must you copy it, modify it, disseminate it in any way, or show it to anyone. Please e-mail the sender to inform us of the transmission error or telephone ECA International immediately and delete the e-mail from your information system.

Telephone numbers for ECA International offices are: Sydney +61 (0)2 9911 7799, Hong Kong + 852 2121 2388, London +44 (0)20 7351 5000 and New York +1 212 582 2333.