[antlr-interest] woohoo! new site doubles downloads

Terence Parr parrt at cs.usfca.edu
Thu Nov 20 11:38:18 PST 2003

Howdy folks,

I built the new ANTLR site this summer partly because the old one
sucked, but partly because for marketing reasons.  I was curious to
know what affect the new good-looking site would have on downloads.
Well, it more than doubled them!

In July we had almost 5000 downloads of any version and after the new
site came up, it went to 19k in August then popped down in September.
Back to 11k in October and already over 11k downloads in November.
Sweeeet!

Interesting study in programmer marketing.  Well worth the $1k I spent
out of pocket for the design, eh?

Ter
Co-founder, http://www.jguru.com
Co-founder, http://www.knowspam.net enjoy email again!