[antlr-interest] Re: program to translate c++ to pascal

David Wigg wiggjd at lsbu.ac.uk
Fri Nov 21 03:23:45 PST 2003

Hello,

You should be able to use our C/C++ grammar file on the ANTLR
website, either directly by enclosing your own conversion code
in the grammar or indirectly by using the grammar file to create
a suitable tree structure and converting from that.

It would be great if you could do the latter as the tree
structure would then useful for other people.

Either method would be challenging, but at least you would have
a C++ parser to start from by using CPP_parser.g with ANTLR.

I use MSVC 6.0 with either ANTLR-2.7.1 or ANTLR-2.7.2. However,
the latter gave me a lot of hassle to install. I think you would
have less trouble with ANTLR-2.7.1.

I recommend you get the version from Ric Klaren's website at
http://wwwhome.cs.utwente.nl/~klaren/antlr .

I would be interested to hear how you get on.

Best of luck!

David Wigg
Research Fellow
London South Bank University