[antlr-interest] Re: VC 7.0 antlr.dll to special ATTN of Ric Klaren and Terence Parr

pfhmks0 pfhmks0 at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 3 10:41:40 PDT 2003

Hi,

   How do I get this version?  The attachment is empty.  Thanks in
advance.

- msingh

--- In antlr-interest at yahoogroups.com, "Alexander Lenski"
<alenski at d...> wrote:
> (Sorry, this is a second trial. The first one did not get through:
attachment is too big.)
> Hi,
> Enjoy the dll in the VC 7.0 environment.
>
> Attachments:
>   - Notes.txt:        how to; requests (Ric, Terence read it
please).
>   - antlr-2.7.2.zip:  just the lib\cpp\antlr and lib\cpp\src
subdirs.
>   - lib.zip:             antlr.lib:           import library to
link with your code (debug build) ,
>                           antlr.dll:           DLL (debug build),
>                           antlr.pdb          symbols.
>
> Alexander Lenski
>
> 1. Notes for the ANTLR DLL target ( MSVC 7.0, Unmanaged DLL ) by
Alexander Lenski:

> 1.1 Project settings ("create new project" dialogs)
>       - Win32 project
>         - Application Settings
>           - Application type
>             - DLL
>           - Additional options
>             - Export symbols
> 1.2 Project properties (change defaults to)
>       - Configuration Properties
>         - C/C++
>           - General
>             - Additional Include Directories
>               - drive:\antlr-2.7.2\lib\cpp
>           - Preprocessor
>             - Preprocessor Definitions
>               -
WIN32;_DEBUG;_WINDOWS;_USRDLL;ANTLR_EXPORTS;ANTLR_CXX_SUPPORTS_NAMESP
ACE
>             - Code Generation
>               - Runtime Library
>                 - Multi-threaded Debug DLL (/MDd)
>               - Enable Function-Level Linking:
>                 - Yes
>             - Language
>               - Enable Run-Time Type Info
>                 - Yes
>             - Precompiled Headers
>               - Create/Use Precompiled Headers
>                 - Not Using Precompiled Headers
>
> 1.3 Some notes on the code change related to the DLL export
>       - See the ASTFactory.hpp for the factory_type,
factory_descriptor
>         and factory_descriptor_list related defs.
>       - SemanticException.hpp is not included in any of the antlr
files,
>         the SemanticException is not exported. I added the include
>         in the CharScaner.hpp.
>       - ParserInputState::~ParserInputState must be virtual to be
properly
>         exported.
>       - Check files (e.g. with the WinDiff) for details and other
changes.

> 2 Requests by Alexander Lenski
>       - Please, (as a min) add the
>           //!!!
>           //Get number of non-consumed tokens:
>           public:
>           virtual  unsigned int entries() const;
>         with the
>           //!!!
>           //Get number of non-consumed tokens:
>           unsigned int TokenBuffer::entries() const
>           { return queue.entries() - markerOffset;
>           }
>         highly useful function to the TokenBuffer.
>         Please, in addition (as a max) make all data members of the
>         TokenBuffer protected (as it is done with the InputBuffer)
>         instead of private, add the
>           //!!!
>           //Get number of non-consumed chars:
>           public:
>           virtual  unsigned int entries() const;
>           with the
>           //!!!
>           //Get number of non-consumed chars:
>           unsigned int InputBuffer::entries() const
>           { return queue.entries() - markerOffset;
>           }
>         to the InputBuffer too.
>         These changes make specialization of the buffers possible.
>       - About the ! suffix (currently not implemented in full) for
AST