[antlr-interest] Handling Lots of Keywords?

dotlessbraille easjolly at ix.netcom.com
Sun Oct 5 10:42:41 PDT 2003

I am trying to analyze braille texts using the current US standard
representation for braille math.  Braille uses 63 characters (and
the space). It is typically represented electronically with the 63
ASCII codes corresponding to the small (xor capital) letters and all
but 5 of the special characters so the input is well-defined.

If the tokenization is treated as a lexical problem, there is the
unusual feature that there are more than 1000 keywords, some with
more than a dozen characters.  (The keywords are mainly used to
represent mathematical symbols by a notation more intuitive than
Unicode character codes.)

If any of you have ever dealt with this number of keywords, I'd be
grateful for advice.

Thanks,
Susan