[antlr-interest] Re: do people want an ANTLR 3 blog?

micheal_jor open.zone at virgin.net
Sun Oct 12 22:50:33 PDT 2003

--- In antlr-interest at yahoogroups.com, Terence Parr <parrt at c...> wrote:
> Howdy,
>
> I write copious notes as I explore ideas and try out code etc...  Shall
> I make a BLOG like system as I build ANTLR 3 so people can follow
> along?

I presume you mean creating an ANTLR dev blog using existing blogging
software. Something like http://www.rollerweblogger.org/ ?

> It will probably amount to me simply publishing my notes in
> various files similar to the ANTLR cabal notes.
>
> Do you think this is useful or for whatever reason a good thing to
> "publish"?

It would be useful particularly if it was immutable (i.e. entires
about previous decisions/trade-offs/ideas don't get overwitten). Blog
entries that represent changes to old decisions/ideas can simply
reference the previous entries via permalinks and then go on to
details the new thinking.....

Cheers,

Micheal

PS   Is this yours? - http://www.jroller.com/page/jguru