[antlr-interest] announcing 1.0.2 release of StringTemplate template engine

Terence Parr parrt at cs.usfca.edu
Mon Oct 13 16:19:14 PDT 2003

Howdy folks,

Well, I finally managed to package up my StringTemplate template engine:

http://www.antlr.org/stringtemplate/index.tml

This is the first public release (1.0.2) and is used to generate pages
in all the sites listed in my signature at the bottom of this email. :)
  (actually jGuru used an earlier version).

StringTemplate is released under the BSD license ("do what you want
with the code, but don't sue me"). :)

I'm almost done with some papers describing my strict principles of
separation of model-view etc...  Further, this template engine will
form the core of some really groovy source-to-source translation
"output grammar" stuff for ANTLR.

StringTemplate is a really good example (umm...if I do say so myself)
of how to use ANTLR to build an interpreter (ANTLR converts templates
into text + trees.  To execute them, a tree parser walks the trees and
executes the actions, spitting out text etc...).

StringTemplate Acknowledgements:

Tom Burns (CEO jGuru.com) co-designed StringTemplate and listened to me
think out loud incessantly.  I would also like to thank Monty Zukowski
for planting the template "meme" in my head back in the mid 1990's.
Loring Craymer and Monty both are helping me hone these ideas for use
in source-to-source language translation.

Best regards,
Terence
Co-founder, http://www.jguru.com
Co-founder, http://www.knowspam.net enjoy email again!