[antlr-interest] Re: ANTLR 3.0 and code generation for C++

Terence Parr parrt at cs.usfca.edu
Mon Oct 27 16:09:48 PST 2003

On Monday, October 27, 2003, at 03:58 PM, katre wrote:

> Terence Parr wrote:
>>
>> It is my dream to do all of the code functionality with ANTLR and then
>> simple ask code generators how to do the very mundane tasks of coding
>> in that target language.  So if I fig a code gen bug in ANTLR's tree
>> action generation, it will fix it in each target.  The only other
>> issue
>> is that the libraries will have to be built.  The new version will
>> have
>> an exact spec so you know what to build and how it should all work
>> together.
>
> Thhis sounds very exciting.  I can't wait til it's available!

Me neither ;)

I'm finishing up a paper for WWW2004 conference due Nov 14 but then I
have a bit of jguru work to do.  December / Jan should be heavy ANTLR
work :)  Next semester I teach the grad prog lang course again so more
time to do ANTLR stuff. :)

Ter
Co-founder, http://www.jguru.com
Co-founder, http://www.knowspam.net enjoy email again!