[antlr-interest] Re: translations wanted?

lgcraymer lgc at mail1.jpl.nasa.gov
Mon Sep 8 11:59:54 PDT 2003

Ter--

Paul's post reminds me--it would be nice to have a generic EBNF->ANTLR
translator, including separating lexer rules from parser rules.
That's a relatively simple project, but it could be enhanced by
automatic generation of synpreds where there is ambiguity.  EBNF
notations all have the same syntax, just with different keyword
symbols (= or := or ::= for the lefthand/righthand separator, for
example).  If you provide a translator for one EBNF dialect, then it
can probably be used for any other one after a few changes to the
lexer.

Come to think of it, your new analysis code might take the synpred
generation down to a small enough problem that this can easily be done
as a one-student term project.

--Loring

--- In antlr-interest at yahoogroups.com, paul taney <paultaney at y...>