[antlr-interest] Re: lexer frustrations

megan camille netminka at netscape.net
Mon Sep 8 12:54:45 PDT 2003

thanks everyone for your responses. I am sorry my problem wasn't clear
in the first email!
I will try again, but this time as a request for the next version of the
lexer.
This concerns syntactic predicates in the lexer. When the lexer has the
input 'EndTest' and it TRIES but FAILS to match a rule of the following
form:

END : ("End" LINE_TERMINATOR) => ENDEXIT
    ;

I would like it to exit the failing match with input equal to 'EndTest'.
Currently this will exit
with 'ndTest'.

It seems more intutive to me that failing syntactic predicates should
not consume input.

thanks!
megan adams