[antlr-interest] Antlr CLASSPATH in Gentoo Linux?

Ric Klaren klaren at cs.utwente.nl
Mon Sep 15 03:02:54 PDT 2003

Hi,

On Sat, Sep 13, 2003 at 08:21:29PM -0000, edcjones wrote:
> I set CLASSPATH in ".bashrc" (not ".bash_profile") as

The rc is a good point to put these things.

> CLASSPATH=.:/usr/share/antlr/lib/antlr.jar
> CLASSPATH=$CLASSPATH:/home/edcjones/cvlib/antlr/cgram/grammars
> export CLASSPATH
>
> Does the following completely define the process of setting the
> CLASSPATH?
>
>      In your ".bashrc" file include the lines:
>
>      CLASSPATH=.:/path-to-antlr.jar-file/antlr.jar
>      export CLASSPATH
...snip....
> I have noted two things about Gentoo's version of antlr. First, Gentoo
> creates a directory /usr/share/antlr/lib containing the three files
>      antlr.debug.jar  antlr.jar  antlrall.jar

Hmmm strange for running the antlr tool you should probably put
antlrall.jar in your classpath. Looks like an early 2.7.2 prerelease.
antlr.jar is usually only the runtime parts (needed to run antlr generated
code) (unless that already changed in that prerelease)

> Second, Gentoo includes a patch named :antlr-2.7.2-gcc3-gentoo.patch":

This is already included in our repository (in a slightly different form)

Cheers,

Ric
    ---- Ric Klaren ----- j.klaren at utwente.nl ----- +31 53 4893722  ----