[antlr-interest] Re: output of antlr

micheal_jor open.zone at virgin.net
Thu Apr 1 21:43:19 PST 2004

--- In antlr-interest at yahoogroups.com, ronald.petty at m... wrote:
> Hi,
> When I run Antler (both binary for windows, and java antlr.Tool) the
> output is .cs.  I assume this is C#.

If you are using the stock ANTLR distribution from the antlr.org
website then, yes, it is C#  ;-)

> I don't have a C# compiler.

A few sources of free (as in beer) C# compilers (watch for line-wrap)
a.
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=9B3A2CA6-3647-4070-9F41-A333C6B9181D&displaylang=en
b. www.go-mono.net
c. www.dotgnu.org

> However I thought the output was supposed to be Java files.  I don't
see a config
> option for this.  Am I doing something wrong?

Check the grammar files you are using. They have a language="CSharp"
setting somewhere in them (not sure the quotes are needed/present).
Remove that line or replace it with language="Java" (still not sure
about the quotes).

Look under examples/java/* for ANTLR projects using java...

Cheers,

Micheal
ANTLR/C#