[antlr-interest] Re: output of antlr

ronald.petty at milliman.com ronald.petty at milliman.com
Fri Apr 2 08:16:41 PST 2004

Great, I figured out how to change it.  I have been reading lots of
articles on Antlr, is that documented?  I might have just missed it. Still
learning.

Thanks
Ron

"micheal_jor" <open.zone at virgin.net>
04/01/2004 11:43 PM
Please respond to
antlr-interest at yahoogroups.com

antlr-interest at yahoogroups.com
cc

Subject

--- In antlr-interest at yahoogroups.com, ronald.petty at m... wrote:
> Hi,
> When I run Antler (both binary for windows, and java antlr.Tool) the
> output is .cs.  I assume this is C#.

If you are using the stock ANTLR distribution from the antlr.org
website then, yes, it is C#  ;-)

> I don't have a C# compiler.

A few sources of free (as in beer) C# compilers (watch for line-wrap)
a.
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=9B3A2CA6-3647-4070-9F41-A333C6B9181D&displaylang=en
b. www.go-mono.net
c. www.dotgnu.org

> However I thought the output was supposed to be Java files.  I don't
see a config
> option for this.  Am I doing something wrong?

Check the grammar files you are using. They have a language="CSharp"
setting somewhere in them (not sure the quotes are needed/present).
Remove that line or replace it with language="Java" (still not sure
about the quotes).

Look under examples/java/* for ANTLR projects using java...

Cheers,

Micheal
ANTLR/C#

This communication is intended solely for the addressee and is
confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure,
copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in
reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful. Unless indicated
to the contrary: it does not constitute professional advice or
opinions upon which reliance may be made by the addressee or any
other party, and it should be considered to be a work in progress.