[antlr-interest] mystery in printing order

idontwantanidwith2000init idontwantanidwith2000init at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 16 01:51:35 PDT 2004

Hi,
I turned errorDefaultHandler off.
I wrote the following:
        System.out.print("#");
	reportError(exceptionVariable.toString());
	consumeUntil(NEWLINE);
	consume();
	System.out.print("? please type an id =>");
	t = idToken();

idToken is the rule we are tring to parse.
It will lead to recursion but this is not the issue.
The issue is the output order:
#? please type an id =>error: line 1:16: expecting ID, found 'moo'
While the expected output is:
#error: line 1:16: expecting ID, found 'moo'
? please type an id =>

It seems like System.out.print is quicker to print then reportError.
Is there threading invoved?
How can I make reportError output to be writethrough ?

BTW,
Could I read ANTLR code?

Tal.