[antlr-interest] TokenStreamRewriteEngine and C++

Ric Klaren klaren at cs.utwente.nl
Wed Apr 21 04:35:44 PDT 2004

Hi,

On Tue, Apr 20, 2004 at 07:22:59PM +0200, Sebastian Kaliszewski wrote:
> If I may ask... What's the exact nature of the problem?

See my answer to Mark Lentczner mail and a small bit about it below.

> <shameless-plug> I'm an author of yet another smartpointer library, this one
> is different though, as it implements full GC instead of just reference
> counting. it's here: http://smieciuch.sf.net </shameless-plug>
>
> Maybe, as I played with such stuff, I could be of some help... Or if it's
> impossible to do as ANTLR needs it to be, I'd be also interested in knowing
> about the exact limitations.

I'll probably come back on this issue somewhere after I've toyed more
extensively with it again (and did make notes about what exactly goes
wrong). Most of the problem is around up and downcasting along AST-type
hierarchies.

Must say that your library looks interesting.

Cheers,

Ric
    ---- Ric Klaren ----- j.klaren at utwente.nl ----- +31 53 4893722  ----