[antlr-interest] Standard library functions: how to??

Bharath S bharath at starthis.com
Wed Apr 21 14:39:54 PDT 2004

Hi Grp,

I am writing the grammar for a new language and I'm wondering how standard
library functions are implemented. For example, if the user inputs a
statement "x := abs(y);", should I write the abs() function as an action in
the grammar, when the "abs" keyword is encountered? I looked at several
grammars (java, pascal, mumath etc) and I cant find similar implementations.
Am I missing something here?

Thanks.

Bharath