[antlr-interest] Again help with pl/sql grammar

Ric Klaren klaren at cs.utwente.nl
Thu Apr 22 06:07:49 PDT 2004

Hi,

On Wed, Apr 21, 2004 at 11:53:35AM -0500, lorena varela wrote:
> Still I have a problem with the  pl/sql grammar. I'm
> working with the plugin ANTLR Version 2.7.2 for
> eclipse. The problem is that when inserted the grammar
> generates this error:
>
> TokenStreamException: expecting '(', found 'e'

This is one of the more annyoing errors that can happen with antlr :( Would
be nice to try and improve it one of these days.

General strategy is to start with an empty grammar and selectively copy
sections in untill you find the offending rule.

> I  review the metalanguage section of the docs, and I
> made the changes, but still generate the error when I
> compile t.g, and this is necessary for generate the
> lexical analyzer and the parser in ANTLR.

Actually I have to agree somewhat with John here sending a 100K grammar to
a mailing list is a bit overdoing things. For me personally it's no problem
since I'm on a universities network connection but I can indeed feel pity
for the ones on slow modems.

Cheers,

Ric
    ---- Ric Klaren ----- j.klaren at utwente.nl ----- +31 53 4893722  ----
 'And this 'rebooting' business? Give it a good kicking, do you?' 'Oh, no,
  of course, we ... that is ... well, yes, in fact,' said Ponder. 'Adrian
    goes round the back and ... er ... prods it with his foot. But in a
     technical way,' he added. --- From: Hogfather by Terry Pratchett.