[antlr-interest] VB If elseif end if?

John D. Mitchell johnm-antlr at non.net
Tue Apr 27 11:07:31 PDT 2004

[...]

> This is because in VB the newline after y means your done.  However I eat
> all newlines in the lexer.  What are the possible ways around this?

ObDisclaimer. I haven't even looked at any version of Microsoft BASIC in at
least a decade.

What's the actual rules for dealing with newlines in VB?  E.g., can you
have individual expressions or "statements" which occur on multiple lines
or is the newline always a terminator (or a separator)?

Basically, depending on that answer, you could inject a synthetic separator
or terminator when you see a newline.

Take care,
	John