[antlr-interest] Exceptions in the lexer (c++)

Ric Klaren klaren at cs.utwente.nl
Fri Aug 20 02:31:14 PDT 2004

On Fri, Aug 20, 2004 at 07:47:22AM -0000, beckersheinzsb wrote:
> is there a possibility to configure antlr (c++ version) that way,
> that the generated lexer doesn't "convert" RecognitionExceptions into
> TokenStreamRecognitionExceptions ?

Catch the RecognitionExceptions in your rules with custom handlers before
they get to the generated nextToken where they get converted to
TokenStreamRecognitionExceptions. This is somewhat a pain since you have to
add custom handlers to every rule in which you're interested.

Alternatively turn on the defaultErrorHandler and play around with
overloading reportError. Just have a peek at the code generated with and
without defaultErrorHandler and you'll probably get inspiration for what
will work best.

Cheers,

Ric
    ---- Ric Klaren ----- j.klaren at utwente.nl ----- +31 53 4893755  ----