[antlr-interest] Real examples of error recovery

Paul J. Lucas dude at darkfigure.org
Mon Aug 23 20:34:24 PDT 2004

	The examples of doing error handling in the documetation are a
	bit... lacking.  All the examples do is report errors.  I want
	to report errors and *recover* from errors.

	In my particular case, things are more complicated because the
	language (XQuery) is keyword-free.  Hence, the lexer itself
	maintains what state is in.  When a syntax error occurs (for
	example, an extra or missing token), the lexer may not be in the
	state it needs to be in.

	How, from the exception-handler in the parser, I (think) need
	to be able to:

		1. Determine what tokens the parser would like to see.
	and:
		2. Force the lexer to abrubtly reset its state to one
		   that will return the token(s) the parser wants.

	Suggestions?

	- Paul