[antlr-interest] ANTLR newbie - Passing custom objects to Parser

Rajiv Kadayam rkadayam at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 26 16:24:36 PDT 2004

I;m trying to implement an boolean expression interpreter for which
the arguments will be java objects and will have to be specified
external to the expression. The expression will have "variable" names
that point to these objects via hashmap. I just need to be able to
pass this hashmap to the Parser/Lexer and then when it does the
parsing/interpreting, the grammar could pick it up from the hash-map.

However I'm not sure how I'd pass the hashmap to the generated
Lexer/Parser java objects.

Any help greatly appreciated. Also does anyone have any experiences
writing a simple boolean expression evaluator/interpreter ?

Thanks in advance
Rajiv