[antlr-interest] TokenStreamRewriteEngine: possible to use non-terminals instead of tokens?

SainTiss saintiss at arklinux.org
Wed Feb 4 12:19:00 PST 2004

On Wednesday 04 February 2004 20:08, Terence Parr wrote:

> There is no typeSpec.  Remember that antlr generates a method for each
> rule not a class, which is really icky...
>
> just define an instance variable and set it with an action.

Hrmm, I'm wondering if that's a safe way to go about?
Suppose you've got the following statement:

MyType myVar = new MyInterface {
		public myMethod() {
			int c = 5;
		}
	};

And suppose I'd like to get rid of "MyType", but not "int".
Working with one instance variable, it would probably work in this case, as
"MyType" will be parsed before "int". But suppose I'd like to get rid of the
initializer instead... Then "5" will be parsed before "new MyInterface....",
so "5" will be deleted instead of "new MyInterface....", right?
If this is all true, then I guess a more intelligent mechanism will be needed,
agree?

Thanks,

Hans

> Ter
>
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Hans
> >

> > - --
> > Ark Linux - Linux for the Masses (http://arklinux.org)
> >
> > Capitalism:
> > You don't have any cows. The bank will not lend you money to buy cows,
> > because you don't have any cows to put up as collateral.
> >
> > Representative Democracy:
> > You have two cows. Your neighbors pick someone to tell you who gets
> > the milk.
> >
> > In a world without walls and fences, who needs windows and gates?
> >
> > Hans Schippers
> > 2LIC INF
> > UA 2003-2004
> >

> > Yahoo! Groups Links

> >  http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
>
> --
> Professor Comp. Sci., University of San Francisco
> Creator, ANTLR Parser Generator, http://www.antlr.org
> Co-founder, http://www.jguru.com
> Co-founder, http://www.knowspam.net enjoy email again!
> Co-founder, http://www.peerscope.com pure link sharing
>

> Yahoo! Groups Links

>  http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

- --
Ark Linux - Linux for the Masses (http://arklinux.org)

Capitalism:
You don't have any cows. The bank will not lend you money to buy cows,
because you don't have any cows to put up as collateral.

Representative Democracy:
You have two cows. Your neighbors pick someone to tell you who gets the milk.

In a world without walls and fences, who needs windows and gates?

Hans Schippers
2LIC INF
UA 2003-2004

Yahoo! Groups Links