[antlr-interest] Re: The matter of licensing...

lgcraymer lgc at mail1.jpl.nasa.gov
Thu Feb 5 11:16:37 PST 2004

Just to echo Ric--Ter is a rabid believer in the idea that ANTLR have no limits on use.  Anyone contributing to ANTLR has already
dealt with that (no one has disagreed that I know of) as a condition for contributing to ANTLR.

ANTLR 2.8 (will be released soon after 2.7.3 is final) and 3.x will be under an Open Source license.  The primary reason is so that my
tree rewrite support and tree grammar generation stuff can be included; JPL/Caltech has a very good open source policy, but will not
release to the public domain.  The idea is "credit where credit is due" and "avoid exposure to lawsuits".

--Loring