[antlr-interest] FEATURE REQUEST: std::stream -- remove

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Tue Feb 17 03:00:26 PST 2004

on 2/17/04 12:45 PM, Ric Klaren at klaren at cs.utwente.nl wrote:

> I don't particularly see it as a benefit of a library to use it's own
> homecooked implementations of streams/vectors/whatever. C++ is about to
> move out of that stone-age era. It looks like that even the biggest STL
> saboteur (Microsoft) finally made a decent compiler and with the many
> platforms gcc is available on people should not have an excuse to use a
> stone-age compiler/stdlib. Now we can only pray that Microsoft switches to
> ELF and gets rid of the bad joke called DLL's then I'll be happier.

:-) you have answer self.

It tooks many years for MS get this,

Should I read your advice that we shoud seat and wait for MS or anybody
else???

Of course we cannot wait, so we do self TOOLs we need in our project.

>> And make all ANTLR code depended ONLY on this interface.
>
> I'd suggest you have a look at InputBuffer.hpp and friends. It's basically
> what you suggest.

Okay. I will check.
Thank you.

> Moving away from std:string does not really appeal to me. Making the string
> class configurable via template parameters will almost certainly happen in
> a runtime rewrite. Then again patching std::string out of the runtime with
> a sed/perl/tcl script is probably doable in an hour.

Yes. TEMPLATE will work.

If I will be able in template parameter tune ANTLR
Between std and ICU strings, I will be happy.

--
Best regards,
e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com
web: http://www.paradigmasoft.com