[antlr-interest] Exception tests eat performance?

Terence Parr parrt at cs.usfca.edu
Thu Jan 8 10:15:56 PST 2004

On Wednesday, January 7, 2004, at 10:55  PM, Ney, Richard wrote:
> I don't know if it was implied but I felt I should specify that the
> custom class is generated with the Tree Parser walking the same tree
> structure that I use to walk for data processing. So I do take a
> certain
> cost up front generating the class but successive runs run extremely
> fast. So it is also leans more towards you evaluation Ter, the CPU
> cache
> may play a small part but the custom class versus invoking the tree
> parser is the major part of the performance improvement.

Interesting.  So you do one tree walk with antlr to generate your own
walker and then use that?  Cool.

Can you tell us what your custom "parser" looks like?  I'm very
interested in speed improvements for ANTLR 3.

Ter
Co-founder, http://www.jguru.com
Co-founder, http://www.knowspam.net enjoy email again!
Co-founder, http://www.peerscope.com link sharing, pure-n-simple