[antlr-interest] token return values

Karl Meissner meissnersd at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 13 08:11:23 PST 2004

Terrance

Since you are thinking about 3.0, I thought I might throw out one more suggestion.

In the version I am using only protected token rules can have return values.   The documentation
notes this is mostly an artifact of how tokens are processed by the next function of the lexer.

Have you thought about using generic templates as the base class of Token?

That way you can stuff a value into a token during a token rule and get it out easily during
higher level processing.   But it
still follows all the interfaces for a token.

Karl

To visit your group on the web, go to: