[antlr-interest] Re: antlr outputting Python code: status?

Michael Cahill mjc at sleepycat.com
Sun Jan 18 18:55:13 PST 2004

> An alternative approach to case statements would be to build a
> dictionaries with lambda entries as data--then do lookup and execute.
>  That should map fairly easily onto the ANTLR code generation
> framework.

Thanks - I agree that's a good approach for a lot of cases, but lambdas
can only be simple expressions and ANTLR generates code with some cases
that raise exceptions or break or nest switch statements, so
unfortunately dictionaries of lambdas can't handle everything that
ANTLR's generated code needs to do.

Michael.

Yahoo! Groups Links

To visit your group on the web, go to: